Below are some answers to some frequently asked questions. Click on the question to view the answer.
- Your name, billing address and a phone number in case of questions.
- The ship to street address and a day time phone number for the recipient. We cannot ship to PO boxes, APO or FPO addresses.
- Any gift message. Your greeting can be up to two lines and will appear on the outside of the package. If no greeting is indicated (for items being sent to someone other than yourself), the message will read “Greetings” or “Happy Holidays” from: (Your Name).
- We will need your method of payment. If paying by credit card, we will need your CC number, expiration date and the 3 digit code on the back.
- Please indicate when you would like your order to ship.
Shipping & Handling
- We ship on Mondays and Tuesdays of each week so that the product arrives before the weekend. Orders will need to be placed by Friday to ship the following week. To preserve the integrity of our products, they are not packaged until we receive your order.
- All orders are shipped via UPS, either by Ground or 2nd Day Air.
- We cannot ship to PO boxes, APO, or FPO addresses. Be sure all addresses are correct and include daytime phone numbers for each recipient. If the address is incorrect, we cannot be responsible for packages shipped to a wrong address and may incur an additional handling fee.
Preparation & Serving
Cooking is not necessary because every ham we make has already been smoked and fully cooked. It can be eaten cold, hot or any temperature in between. We feel warming our hams releases some of our flavor from the natural marbling and enhances the smoke flavor.
Preheat oven to 325º F. Place ham on rack in roasting pan and cover with foil. You may fill the bottom of the roasting pan with ½” of water to retain moisture. Warm for about 15 minutes per pound or until internal temperature is 140º F. Hams will vary in weight and ovens will vary in temperature so cook to temperature.
Using a meat thermometer will insure the best results.Unused portions of hams should be refrigerated and consumed within a week. To freeze, wrap tightly in aluminum foil and put in an airtight plastic bag. Do not freeze for over 45 days.
- Cut a wedge in the shank end (the pointed end)
- Remove the fat.
- Starting at the wedge, slice from the shank end to the butt end (the rounded end), slicing the meat to the bone.
We only ship our smoked products. Our sausage and pork patty items are fresh which means they have not gone through the smoking process. In order to ship “fresh” products, they would have to be packaged with dry ice and we do not have access to dry ice at this time.